Τετάρτη 11 Απριλίου 2012

Kurt Vonnegut.5 years.
















"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."

"Life happens too fast for you ever to think about it. If you could just persuade people of this, but they insist on amassing information."

"Charm was a scheme for making strangers like and trust a person immediately, no matter what the charmer had in mind."

"Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance."

"Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe."

"How nice--to feel nothing, and still get full credit for being alive."

"I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'."

"I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours."

"It is a very mixed blessing to be brought back from the dead."

"People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order so they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say. "

"The year was 2081, and everyone was finally equal."

"To whom it may concern: It is springtime. It is late afternoon."

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured."

"Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say? "

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”

"The last thing I ever wanted was to be alive when the three most powerful people on the whole planet would be named Bush, Dick and Colon."

"Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind."

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things."

"The only difference between Hitler and Bush is that Hitler was elected."

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand."

“I have this disease late at night sometimes, involving alcohol and the telephone.”

"When I write, I feel like an armless, legless man with a crayon in his mouth."

“I wanted all things to seem to make some sense,
So we could all be happy, yes, instead of tense.
And I made up lies, so
they all fit nice,
and I made this sad world
a paradise”

"If you can do no good, at least do no harm."

"If somebody says "I love you" to me, I feel as though I had a pistol pointed at my head. What can anybody reply under such conditions but that which the pistol holder requires? "I love you, too."

“Sometimes I think it is a great mistake to have matter that can think and feel. It complains so. By the same token, though, I suppose that boulders and mountains and moons could be accused of being a little too phlegmatic.”

“Wake up, you idiots! Whatever made you think that money was so valuable?”

“Science is magic that works.”

“We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should.”

“Smoking is the only honorable form of suicide.”

“There are too many of us and we are all too far apart.”

"No art is possible without a dance with death."

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου